Policies & Procedures
Park Rental Policies
- For park rental frequently asked questions, click here.
- Application and full payment must be submitted at least seven (7) days prior to the scheduled date. Late applications will be accepted until noon on the Wednesday prior to the weekend and will be assessed a late fee of $25.
- The Parks and Recreation Department does not guarantee absolute privacy to any group.
- All payments must be made by checks only – no cash or credit card. We require two separate checks. One for your rental payment and the other for your deposit.
- If a renter neglects to pick-up a key before the rental and alternative measures need to be taken to get the building open, the key deposit of $100 will be held.
Building key(s) for Balmer, South, Wagner, and Nettesheim Parks must be picked up at the Pewaukee Parks and Recreation Department office located in the Pewaukee City Hall, W240 N3065 Pewaukee Rd, two business days before the rental of a facility. Key/clean-up deposits must be made at this time.
If there would be a problem getting into a facility, please contact the parks employee cell phone first: Dan (262) 226-0295. If no one answers then contact the City police at 262-691-0921 extension 1 for a city rental. There are no building rentals in the Village.
The building key must be returned to the City Hall within two (2) days of use or future privileges will be denied. Security deposits must be picked up within one week of rental or they will be shredded.
Access to park rentals is permitted only during the time stated in the facility rental agreement. Park/building entry beyond the reserved hours will incur hourly/daily rates to be paid by the renter.
Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, seltzer) are allowed in the parks with the park rental permit. A permit to sell beer MUST be obtained from the City Clerk or Village Clerk depending on where the park is located. Any organization renting a park and wishing to sell fermented beverages must follow these regulations:
Club/organization, lodge, societies must be in existence for at least six (6) months.
Must apply for a special Class “B” license thirty (30) days prior to rental.
Obtain a Federal Tax Stamp from the Department of Revenue in Milwaukee.
Have on premises at all times a licensed operator in possession of a current City/Village of Pewaukee Operators License.
A refuse fee of $100 per vendor will be charged to the park renter.
Pursuant State Statute 101.123, smoking is PROHIBITED inside the building, under the pavilion or within 25 feet of either of these areas.
Specific reservations must be made for exclusive use of ball diamonds for an additional fee. If you wish to use the ball diamonds, you must request this prior to your rental. Dragging and lining the ball field has additional fees. Tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts are not for exclusive use.
No standard reservations will be made on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.
No special lights are brought in unless by permit with the Director.
Tents must be taken down by 10 pm on the day of rental. Tents are not allowed to be staked down into the asphalt.
DJs and bands may be allowed as long as the renter does not violate municipal noise ordinances, per Public Peace and Good Order ordinance 6.04(8).
Grilling is allowed (you may bring your own grill) in our parks if the grill is kept a safe distance from any buildings and the hot coals are disposed of properly and safely. All grills/grilling supplies will need to be taken with you when you leave the park.
Renters are not allowed to sell any type of goods or operate any for-profit activities.
Food trucks may be utilized during private events with permission from the Parks and Recreation Director and when in compliance with the following.
There is a $100 refuse fee per vendor due by the park renter at the time of booking the reservation.
Food trucks are required to have appropriate licenses and/or permits with the City/Village/County/State to operate.
Food vendors may only sell to guests of the private event and must post signage stating as such.
Renters interested in utilizing the hose hookup should contact the Department at least one week in advance to make necessary arrangements.
The Pewaukee Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any reason.
Notify the Parks and Recreation Department at 262-691-7275 immediately if the reservation is to be cancelled. A $20 administrative fee will be charged for any rental cancellation and if the cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to the rental date, the entire rental fee will be forfeited.
Time may be added to a rental up until the last business day prior to the rental. Should a customer request to reduce their total rental time, no refunds will be issued. Renters may change their rental date one time at no charge. A second date change would incur a $20 administrative fee. Any date change must be requested at least 30 days in advance of the originally scheduled date.
- All rental charges shall be paid to the Pewaukee Parks and Recreation within 14 days of receiving the permit contract. Security deposits are due two days before the actual rental. No permit is confirmed until a full payment is received.
- Pick up keys at the Pewaukee Parks and Recreation Department inside City Hall. The Pewaukee Parks & Recreation Department is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for key pick-up.
TOURNAMENT/LEAGUE PLAY GUIDELINES
- If available, the Parks Maintenance Department will prepare the diamond(s) or fields for play only once for each day on the permit for an additional charge. Therefore, any other maintenance will be the sponsoring party’s responsibility.
PARKS/FACILITY CLEAN-UP PROCEDURE
** To receive a full deposit refund for the park rental, a user must do the following:
- Leave the park and facility in the condition it was found. All garbage must be picked up, bagged, and tied. Leave tied garbage bags by door outside of the building or put at the bottom of the trash cans located outside so not to tempt vandalism.
- Nothing must be left on the premises overnight. You may not come in early the next morning for cleanup. Bag and throw out all food.
- Sweep floor/mop floor. The Department will provide supplies.
- Bring towels or rags to wipe tables after use. Bring cleaning cleanser in the event of stained surface from decorations or refreshments.
- Store folding chairs in same area where found. At South Park please do not store full chair rack in the office.
- DO NOT dispose of grease on the park grass or parking lot. There is hook-up for a hose on the building if you are planning a corn roast or pig roast. Please hose parking lot area and or picnic area off before you leave.
- If there was concern about the condition of the park at the beginning of rental, leave a message with the Parks & Recreation Director at 262-691-7275 or the parks employee on duty at the number listed on the “Day of Rental Information” sheet found on the day of your rental.
- Renters who require EXCESS clean up by Department Staff will be charged $50.00 per hour plus cost of necessary supplies. This charge will be withheld from your security deposit.