WAUKESHA COUNTY ANNOUNCES 2022 ONE-TIME HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION EVENTS SCHEDULE
(Waukesha, WI) – Waukesha County will host four Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) One-Time Collection events this year in addition to operating three ongoing collection sites. All events and sites are free to Waukesha County residents with proof of residency.
“Keeping dangerous materials and chemicals out of our landfills is important,” said Analiese Smith, Recycling & Solid Waste Supervisor for Waukesha County. “Providing ongoing collection sites and one-time collection events makes it easier for residents to properly dispose of those unwanted household waste items.”
Waukesha County residents can participate in the following one-time collection events with proof of residency from 8 a.m. – Noon:
- May 21: Mukwonago - Village Public Works Garage, 630 Hwy NN
- June 4: Brookfield - City Public Works Yard, 19700 Riverview Dr.
- June 18: Delafield - City Dept. of Public Works, 111 Main St.
- September 10: Oconomowoc - City Public Works Garage, 630 S. Worthington St.
Residents can also utilize one of the County’s ongoing collection sites during their scheduled operating hours with proof of residency. Sites may be closed on and around holidays. Review the holiday schedules at www.waukeshacounty.gov/hazardouswaste.
- Menomonee Falls: Veolia Environmental Services, W124N9451 Boundary Rd.
- Waukesha: City Incinerator Building, 900 Sentry Dr.
- Muskego: North of Emerald Park Landfill, W124 S10391 S. 124 St.
Old, unusable chemicals, pesticides, wood preservatives, solvents, oil-based paints, and
mercury-containing products will be accepted. Latex paint, non-hazardous cleaning materials, motor oil and oil filters will not be accepted. For more information on what items are accepted, visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/hazardouswaste.
Follow @WaukCoRecycles on Twitter or like Waukesha County Recycles on Facebook for product disposal and recycling information.