Tourism Commission


  • Meetings are scheduled on an as needed basis, specifically in the fall before adoption of the budget

Agendas & Minutes

Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.

View All Agendas and Minutes


  • Steve Bierce, Mayor
  • Brian Dziwulski, Alderman
  • Jerry Wamser, Alderman
  • Frank Doresey, Hotel Representative

The Tourism Commission consists of the Mayor, three (3) Common Council Aldermen, and one (1) representative from the hotels that are located in the City (Marriott West, Wildwood Lodge, and Holiday Inn). All of these positions are obtained through appointment by the Mayor. The Committee typically meets in the fall prior to completion of the annual budget. The Committee is responsible for the review of proposals submitted requesting tourism funds and disbursement of those funds toward those projects that meet the requirements as outlined in the Wisconsin Statutes. The Community Services Director serves as staff representative to the Tourism Commission.


The purpose of the Tourism Commission is to oversee the collection of room tax dollars and to distribute those funds as outlined by ordinance to organizations that promote convention and tourism. The City of Pewaukee currently imposes a room tax. The room tax is at a rate of eight (8) percent of the gross receipts from such retail furnishing of rooms, lodging or sites. The tax is established as outlined in the Wisconsin Statutes. The proceeds of such tax when collected are distributed as outlined by ordinance which are as follows - 30% to the City for expenses as determined by the Common Council on an annual basis and the remaining 70% to such tourism expenses as designated on an annual basis by the Tourism Commission, for convention and tourism business.